We are now going to tell you the top 10 unknown facts about women. Women are the pillars of our society and they should be respected properly.
Unknown facts about women
- Every 90 seconds, a woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth. Most of these deaths are preventable, but due to gender-based discrimination, many women are not given the proper education or care they need.
- As many as 1 in 4 women experience physical or sexual violence during pregnancy. Take a stand and collect cell phones to benefit domestic violence programs. Sign up for Cell Phones for Survivors.
- Women make up 80% of all refugees and displaced people. Instruments of genocide such as sexual violence and rape are often directed at women and girls.
- Women are seldom included in formal peace processes. Women are usually not represented among decision-makers and military leaders, the usual participants in these processes.
- Women gained the right to vote in America in 1920.
- As of January 2012, women held 15.1% of all presiding officer posts in governments the world.
- More than 16.4 million women in the world have HIV/AIDS.
- Women account for 70% of the population living in absolute poverty (on less than $1.00 a day).
- Over 60 million girls worldwide are child brides, married before the age of 18.
- 603 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not yet considered a crime.
Thank you. Sharing is Caring. Read more–>